We invite you to join the ChickTech movement to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, we build community, empower participants to see themselves as leaders, and provide networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry.
Help support our mission by setting up a monthly or yearly donation! 85% of your donation stays here in Central Oregon and goes directly to support our local programs.
We also accept donations of any amount you want! Choose your own adventure here:
What impact does ChickTech have?
In achieving our mission to ignite an interest and confidence in technology in underrepresented youth last year:
- We delivered 20,652 program hours to 1,878 youths.
- 64% of these had never attended a technology workshop before
- 73% were now more likely to pursue a technology related career
In 2017 ChickTech: High School has shown tremendous results:
- 55% of our participants had no experience creating tech projects before choosing ChickTech
- Participants who felt “confident” or “very confident” in their technology skills increased from 27% to 74%
- Participants who felt “informed” or “well informed” about technology increased from 46% to 91%
- We increased the number of high school participants who were “interested” or “very interested” in a tech career from 47% to 89% …in only one weekend
After the inaugural ChickTech: High School in 2013, research shows that ChickTech changes high school participants’ attitudes and feelings around technology and their place in creating it:
- 71% of them had never attended a technology workshop before ChickTech.
- 118% overall increase in confidence in their technology skills.
- Those who are very interested in a technology career increased from 14% to 46%.
- 60% reported an increase in interest in a technology career.